Sandpits Heating Centre has been supplying and installing wood burning stoves for over 50 years. We employ our own team of installation engineers who have always carried out the servicing and maintenance of wood burning and multi-fuel stoves.
We carry out chimney sweeps, camera inspections and servicing as a professional in house service.
Our engineers are APICS & HETAS (Association of Professional Independent Chimney Sweeps & Heating Equipment Testing and Approvals Scheme) registered.
Services We Provide
Stove Service & Repair
When sweeping your flue we can also offer a stove service, checking seals and flue connections, plus:
- Glass replacement
- Brick / liner checks and replacements
- Baffle replacements
- Minor door repairs
* For servicing we will require the manufacturer, model, type (MkI,II,etc) and age of the stove plus the serial number where possible.
- Chimney Camera Inspections
- Advice on Chimney Liners
- Fitting of appropriate cowls
We Can Offer
- Office Based Diary System – to ensure that appointments can be made to suit you.
- Potentially set up re-occurring annual chimney sweeps
- Full access to spare parts, such as door seals, firebricks, baffle plates etc
- Fully registered Hetas Installation team should further works be required.
Tens of thousands of chimney fires occur every year. Any time wood is burnt in a fireplace, soot and creosote are produced. Soot is sticky, black carbon particles, and creosote is an oily, flammable liquid tar. These byproducts cling to the inside of a chimney and can easily cause a chimney fire.
When we sweep your chimney stack we will fully seal the fireplace to stop any soot or debris entering the room. Once this has been achieved we will sweep the chimney. Any debris will be removed safely from the premises and disposed of. A smoke test will be carried out to ensure there is no blockage. A certificate will then be issued to confirm your chimney has been swept.
The average sweep can take up to 30 minutes depending on access and the condition of your stove and chimney.
Sweep & Service: 30-45 minutes (excluding any parts which may need to be ordered)
Yes, we can do a full camera assessment of your chimney, provide a report to highlight any safety issues and give recommendations to make your chimney safe.
The charge for a chimney inspection with report is £150.00.
- Sweep – £65.00 (£60.00 if more than one chimney on the property or done with a neighbour)
- We also offer solid fuel servicing for £50 (excluding parts)
- Have your stove swept & serviced for £90 (excluding parts)
Contact Sandpits to make an Appointment or fill in the form below with your details.
Telephone: 01458 251476
For servicing we will require the manufacturer, model, type (MkI,II,etc) and age of your stove plus the serial number where possible.
If you do not have this information, we ask that you please take photos of your stove and attach them to your booking or email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.